Friday, May 25, 2012

New Sign

 Before
 

I had been wanting to make a sign for our Candy Business that we could use on the tables to add a little extra pizzaz.  I was going for a look that would hopefully go with any theme whether it be a wedding, a shower, etc.  I decided it would be best to use an off white color with black letters.  I used a little piece of board that was already stained on one side so that would be the color that you would see through on the cracks.  I used a liquid solution called Antique crackle.  You apply two coats to the board but do one at a time and let it dry.  Then do the second coat and let it dry.  Do not put it on real thick.  Then with a paint brush paint over the board.  You will see it crackle immediately.  Let the first coat dry and then do one more coat of paint.  For the letters, I actually made them on a word document and then outlined them over the piece of board. This left and indentation of the letters that I could just paint in the lines.  You have to have a steady hand and be patient. It is very time consuming.  Believe mine was not perfect.  It actually got better with each letter.  I think it turned out cute and am excited to use it this Sunday at our Graduation Candy Buffet Job. 

No comments: