Thursday, February 16, 2012

Valentines Day

Great Movie!







This year we decided to celebrate Valentines Day early and miss the dinner crowds by going out on Sunday. We went and saw the movie The Vow and went to PF Changs for dinner afterwards. I loved the movie and thought it was really cute. I was surprised that Heith liked it too. It was not a typical chick flick so I think it is good for the guys to join along for this movie. I do wish the ending was a little different but oh well my lips are sealed in case you haven't seen it yet. Tuesday night we stayed home and made dinner and watched a movie. We had our favorite ribeye steaks, and red potatoes. We shared this bottle of wine from Mainards Vineyard in Jerome. I am not a huge fan of any wines really, especially red, but this one was pretty good. We sat and enjoyed each other and some good conversation. It was such a nice relaxing night. Over the years, I hear more people talking about how big of a joke Valentine's Day is, and that it shouldn't be celebrated. (insert yada yada yada) I hear this from married and single people, whose argument is that people should act like that every day and not just once a day out of the year. There is some truth in that but it is also not realistic, in my opinion. I think it is good that it forces us to step out of our mundane lives, and routines, and think about doing something special for your significant other. I know for me (and a lot of people) it is easy to get caught up in every day life and forget about keeping your spouse feeling appreciated and number one. I am going to keep on celebrating Valentines Day for what it is and enjoy being able to celebrate it with my very handsome husband. Hope everyone had a nice time with their loved one!

No comments: